Whilst in the Hackspace you must abide by all applicable UK laws and legislation. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Health & Safety at Work, etc Act 1974
- Health Act 2006 - Smoking ban
- Illegal activity such as bringing or making explosives and offensive weaponry into the Hackspace
- Mishandling of items covered by the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006
Additionally Nottingham Hackspace will, at times, extend current legislation where we feel it benefits Nottingham Hackspace and its members. For this reason the following rules are in place:
- Vaping (e.g. use of e-cigarettes) is not permitted inside the space.
- No sleeping in the space
- The Safe Spaces (Appendix B) policy must be followed at all times.
Property is left in the Hackspace at the owner’s risk, Nottingham Hackspace accepts no liability for lost or stolen items.